Our 10 to 12 week summer internship program is just around the corner! Earlier this week, we posted our available internship positions for summer 2018. They cover four different locations across the United States, and over eight different departments: Strategic Development, Global Operations, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, NVM5 Development, IT Apps, and Supply Chain. If you’d like to spend your school break in sunny San Diego, manufacturing hub West Carrollton, distribution headquarters Memphis, or our NuVasive Clinical Services facility in Ann Arbor, then check out the perks of being an intern at NUVA below.
- 1 summer-long project that you contribute to your team and NuVasive based on team needs and the overall company’s goals
- Project fair at the end of summer to showcase all of the work you accomplished over three months
- A 3-part career workshop series that takes you through building your own brand, resume overview, and interview best practices by our panel of recruiters
- Multiple leadership lunch & learns to get all of our interns in front of company leaders
- At our headquarters, interns get a once in a lifetime experience in our onsite cadaver lab, performing one of our flagship procedures called XLIF®
- Various bonding opportunities for interns to get to know each other
- You’ll benefit from learning, new experiences, and mentoring that will help you transition successfully post-graduation
What we look for
Do you have a passion for changing the lives of others? Are you constantly curious, adaptable to new environments, collaborative amongst your team and those outside of your team? Here at NUVA, all of our interns are carefully selected to make sure they are a great culture fit within our company, meet all of the technical requirements, and know how to self-start things on their own as well as take direction humbly. We typically look for students going into their 3rd or 4th year of their undergraduate degree, or students pursuing their master’s degree.
- Beginning the search
- Start browsing our opportunities on our careers site as early as possible. A great way to get in front of our people and get a transparent feel to what it’s like to work at NUVA, is to meet NuVasive Reps at career fairs and informational sessions
- Initial selection
- We will review all resumes and reach out directly should you be a fit for the role. Due to a high volume of candidates, we are unable to contact each applicant
- First interview
- A phone screen with the University Recruiter where we hope to find out more about your passions and background experience. Should you continue to move along in our process, you will have a phone interview with the hiring manager
- Second interview
- Based on location, we will either bring you onsite or set up a Skype interview for the panel interview portion
- Hiring decision
- We hope to have offers out by late March or early April. It’s always a great idea to send a short follow-up email to the recruiter after your onsite interviews take place
- Ongoing contact
- Throughout the entire process, our University recruiter and HR team will remain in contact with you to help guide you. Feel free to send an email if any questions arise during the recruiting process
Interview Tips & Tricks
The best interviewees are well-versed, have done their research thoroughly, and made sure prior to the interview that their interests align with the job. When doing research, make sure you spend time visiting our website, browse our social media channels, and conduct a simple google search to see the latest company news.
A genuine enthusiasm for the mission of the company shines through when candidates are interviewing. It demonstrates knowledge in the company, initiative pre-interview, professionalism, and preparedness. An interviewer can love you as a candidate all the way up to the last portion of the interview: the question part. Make sure you ask questions!
Lastly, a common mistake is the post-interview thank-you. Make sure you send a thank-you email to everyone you were put into contact with, and personalize them.
We wish you the best of luck in your internship interview process! If you have any questions please comment below. Take a look at all of our open internships here.