- The patient has the right to considerate and respectful care when intraoperative monitoring services are being provided.
- The patient has the right to every consideration of privacy. Any discussion about the monitoring to be provided will be conducted discreetly.
- The patient is entitled to information about the intraoperative monitoring procedures. The patient has the right to know the name of the person responsible for the monitoring.
- The patient has the right to refuse intraoperative monitoring and to be informed of the medical consequences of doing so.
- The patient has the right to expect that all communications and records pertaining to the monitoring should be treated as confidential, except as otherwise required by law.
- The patient has the right to review the monitoring report and to have the information explained as necessary.
- The patient has the right to know about business relationships among NCS, educational institutions, other healthcare providers, or payers that may influence the patient's treatment and care.
- The patient has the right to examine and receive explanation of any bill for monitoring services, regardless of the source of payment (if applicable).
- The patient has the right to information about pain and pain relief measures, a concerned staff committed to pain prevention and management and health professionals who respond quickly to reports of pain.
- The patient has the right to voice concerns regarding the monitoring services provided, to have those concerns reviewed and, when possible, resolved.
- The patient is responsible for honoring financial commitments for the monitoring services provided, as applicable.
- The patient is responsible for observing the rules and regulations of the hospital or other facility where he/she is being treated, including in relation to receipt of monitoring services.
- The patient is responsible for providing monitoring personnel with accurate and complete information regarding past medical history, as applicable.
Authorization for Release of Health Information
Please mail the completed Authorization for Release of Health Information to:
NuVasive Clinical Services Monitoring, Inc.
Attn: Medical Records
10275 Little Patuxent Parkway #300
Columbia, MD 21044